The Director of Communications is responsible for oversight of internal and external communications efforts, for print, electronic and online. This position reports to the Head of School and is part of the administrative leadership team.
• Responsible for editorial direction, content, design, and production of all printed materials including the Lamplighter, Annual Report, Admissions, Capital Campaign, Annual Fund Appeals, Yearbook, programs and invitations. Work with Communications Department staff and freelancers to create final work.
• Responsible for the editorial content of the Allen-Stevenson website and its social media outlets.
• Oversee weekly ASpect and monthly Blue & Gold for current and balanced content.
• Work with directors in all departments to identify goals and develop strategies for improved internal and external communications, specifically, in the areas of Admissions, Community Life + Diversity, Development and Library/Tech.
• Ensure adherence to style guidelines; oversee institutional branding across all departments, divisions, and initiatives
• Develop strategy for, implement, and oversee the school’s institutional social media plan.
• Supervise communications staff and hire freelancers as necessary, such as, videographers and graphic designers.
• Prioritize and disseminate information for school news and events.
• Represent the School with stakeholders, outside agencies, and other constituencies.
• Work with Security Director and Technology Director on emergency messages via email on website.
• Strategize with PA leadership on all marketing, events and materials; create materials as necessary.
• Liaison to Communications Committee of the Board of Trustees and write Board Reports as needed.
A successful candidate will also possess the following characteristics and experiences:
- Strong management and people skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, resourceful and attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent judgment in fast-moving environments.
Excellent compensation and benefits package. To explore this opportunity, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position.