Our remote learning plan, A-S Bridge 2.0, takes into account what is developmentally appropriate for children in terms of their relationship to the screen and its effects on their well-being. In addition, it accounts for the varying lengths of time different age-groups can maintain their focus on learning delivered this way.
What will be new since A-S Bridge 1.0 in the spring?
• Increased synchronous “live” classes – including art, PE, and music
• Expanded opportunities for collaborative projects
• More frequent individual and private time with teachers
• New skills from summer professional development for online platforms (e.g., Canvas, Seesaw, Clever) and online tools
• 1:1 iPad program for K-3
• Systems to support increased independence of our youngest boys
• More frequent teacher > parent communication/feedback
• Continuation and expansion of online community activities
- MS and US Online Lunch Chats and Affinity Groups
- Weekly Activities that connect boys - Kahoots, Trivia
- Monday Morning Meetings and LS Community Time
• Parent Education Opportunities
• Increased Parent Connection Meetings